About this book
This book considers Soft Computing methods and their applications in the human sciences, such as the social and the behavioral sciences. Soft Computing methods - including fuzzy systems, neural networks, evolutionary computing and probabilistic reasoning - are state-of-the-art methods in theory formation and model construction. The powerful application areas of these methods in the human sciences are demonstrated, including the replacement of statistical models by simpler numerical or linguistic Soft Computing models and the use of computer simulations with approximate and linguistic constituents.
"Dr. Niskanens work opens new vistas in application of soft computing, fuzzy logic and fuzzy set theory to the human sciences. This book is likely to be viewed in retrospect as a landmark in its field" - Lotfi A. Zadeh, Berkeley.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-36421-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-05592-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-36421-4
- Series Print ISSN 1434-9922
- Series Online ISSN 1860-0808
- Buy this book on publisher's site