Table of contents
About this book
The present volume is a collection of survey papers in the fields of entropy, search and complexity. They summarize the latest developments in their respective areas.
More than half of the papers belong to search theory which lies on the borderline of mathematics and computer science, information theory and combinatorics, respectively. Search theory has variegated applications, among others in bioinformatics. Some of these papers also have links to linear statistics and communicational complexity. Further works survey the fundamentals of information theory and quantum source coding. The volume is recommended to experienced researchers as well as young scientists and students both in mathematics and computer science.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-32777-6
- Copyright Information János Bolyai Mathematical Society and Springer-Verlag 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-32573-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-32777-6
- Series Print ISSN 1217-4696
- About this book