About this book
Fatigue and wear are the most damaging phenomena affecting machines since they result in some 90% of breakdowns. This tutorial book systematically develops a unified overview, named tribo-fatigue, which aims to address the complex wear-fatigue damages. Tribo-fatigue synthesizes aspects of three disciplines: mechanical fatigue, tribology, and reliability of mechanical systems.
Tribo-fatigue opens new perspectives for increasing the durability of machines according to the most important criteria of their serviceability. Detailed damage measurement and wear-fatigue tests that enable engineers to design more durable and reliable systems are developed. The book is intended for advanced students, researchers and engineers.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-27027-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-23153-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-27027-0
- Series Print ISSN 1612-1384
- Buy this book on publisher's site