About this book
This book presents in one treatise – both – the basic mathematical
models of solid / structural mechanics and effective finite element
procedures for the solution of these models. The book can be
used for teaching, in a modern way, solid and structural mechanics,
finite element methods, and for self-study – from elementary to
quite advanced material.
In synthesizing classical mechanics with modern finite element
analysis, emphasis is given to the hierarchical nature of the
mathematical models of mechanics, from simple to complex, and
on choosing the simplest reliable and effective model for analysis.
The process of hierarchical modeling and finite element solution
is illustrated in examples that show the benefits reached when good
hierarchical modeling is performed.
To pursue an effective analysis is an art – the objective is to predict
the future. Performing in the art of analysis is very stimulating
and requires constant learning. This book has been written to provide
a fundamental basis for that learning process.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-26400-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-26331-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-26400-2
- Series Print ISSN 1860-482X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-4838
- Buy this book on publisher's site