Table of contents
About this book
Quantum mechanics undergraduate courses mostly focus on systems with known analytical solutions; the finite well, simple Harmonic, and spherical potentials. However, most problems in quantum mechanics cannot be solved analytically.
This textbook introduces the numerical techniques required to tackle problems in quantum mechanics, providing numerous examples en route. No programming knowledge is required – an introduction to both Fortran and Python is included, with code examples throughout.With a hands-on approach, numerical techniques covered in this book include differentiation and integration, ordinary and differential equations, linear algebra, and the Fourier transform. By completion of this book, the reader will be armed to solve the Schrödinger equation for arbitrarily complex potentials, and for single and multi-electron systems.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-99930-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-99929-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-99930-2
- Series Print ISSN 2192-4791
- Series Online ISSN 2192-4805
- Buy this book on publisher's site