About this book
Chinese companies have been increasingly active in outbound investment in recent years, with Germany the third largest destination in Europe. Adopting an analytical approach and utilizing case studies and expert interviews, this book examines Chinese mergers and acquisitions (M&As) in Germany, with a focus on the companies’ business growth, particularly the integration process and subsequent growth after acquisition.
The authors contend that Chinese investors take a different approach than their western counterparts, by fostering a long-term orientation toward their investments and placing greater emphasis on co-evolution with the acquired firms rather than transfer of knowledge back to China.
This book offers readers a behind-the-scenes story of three separate M&A cases, shedding light on the growth models that ensue from mergers and acquisitions, and the endeavors of Chinese and German managers to grow the businesses together.
- Book Title Chinese M&As in Germany
- Book Subtitle An Integration Oriented and Value Enhancing Story
- Series Title Management for Professionals
- Series Abbreviated Title Management for Professionals
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-99405-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-99404-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-07598-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-99405-5
- Series ISSN 2192-8096
- Series E-ISSN 2192-810X
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIII, 129
- Number of Illustrations 36 b/w illustrations, 8 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site