About this book
This book presents different approaches on multi-modality imaging with a focus on biomedical applications. Medical imaging can be divided into two categories: functional (related to physiological body measurements) and anatomical (structural) imaging modalities.
In particular, this book covers imaging combinations coming from the usual popular modalities (such as the anatomical modalities, e.g. X-ray, CT and MRI), and it also includes some promising and new imaging modalities that are still being developed and improved (such as infrared thermography (IRT) and photoplethysmography imaging (PPGI)), implying potential approaches for innovative biomedical applications.
Moreover, this book includes a variety of tools on computer vision, imaging processing, and computer graphics, which led to the generation and visualization of 3D models, making the most recent advances in this area possible. This is an ideal book for students and biomedical engineering researchers covering the biomedical imaging field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-98974-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-98973-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-98974-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site