About this book
Advancements in microprocessor architecture, interconnection technology, and software development have fueled rapid growth in parallel and distributed computing. However, this development is only of practical benefit if it is accompanied by progress in the design, analysis and programming of parallel algorithms.
This concise textbook provides, in one place, three mainstream parallelization approaches, Open MPP, MPI and OpenCL, for multicore computers, interconnected computers and graphical processing units. An overview of practical parallel computing and principles will enable the reader to design efficient parallel programs for solving various computational problems on state-of-the-art personal computers and computing clusters.
Many examples and exercises support the exposition.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-98833-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-98832-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-98833-7
- Series Print ISSN 1863-7310
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1781
- Buy this book on publisher's site