About this book
This book discusses current trends and potential applications of nanotechnology in dental materials. Dentistry is undergoing yet another change to benefit mankind via the discipline of nanodentistry. A variety of nanostructures such as nanorobots, nanospheres, nanofibers, nanorods, etc., have been studied for various uses in dentistry and medicine. Preventive dentistry has also utilized nanodentistry to develop nanomaterials for inclusion in a variety of oral health-care products. Methods to prevent and combat dental problems have been devised, discussed, and implemented since ancient times; however, there is a constant need for improved tools and techniques.This book is relevant academically for undergraduate and post-graduate dental students, dental practitioners, researchers, and faculties of dental universities, as this book explores the application of various nanobiomaterials in dentistry, discusses current research in dental nanomaterials and potential future areas of interest, and examines the use of nanotechnology in various fields of dentistry.
- Explores application of various nanobiomaterials to dentistry;
- Discusses current research in dental nanomaterials and potential future areas of interest;
- Examines the use of nanotechnology in several fields of dentistry.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-97634-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-97633-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-97634-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site