Table of contents
About this book
TB has long been known to be one of the leading causes of death in HIV-infected individuals. Recent evidence now indicates that individuals with type 2 diabetes, the elderly, and chronic smokers are also increasingly susceptible to TB infection, the ability of their immune system to fight off active TB infection having been compromised by their condition.
This book therefore aims to provide a detailed review of recent advances in the research that involves characterizing the host’s immune responses against TB infection in conditions such as HIV, diabetes, chronic cigarette smoking and aging, and strategies to restore favorable immune responses against this deadly pathogen.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-97367-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-97366-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-97367-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site