About this book
This book is concerned with several elliptic and parabolic obstacle-type problems with a focus on the cases where the free and fixed boundaries meet. The results presented complement those found in existing books in the subject, which mainly treat regularity properties away from the fixed boundary.
The topics include optimal regularity, analysis of global solutions, tangential touch of the free and fixed boundaries, as well as Lipschitz- and $C^1$-regularity of the free boundary. Special attention is given to local versions of various monotonicity formulas.
The intended audience includes research mathematicians and advanced graduate students interested in problems with free boundaries.
Contact Points Global Solutions Monotonicity Formulas Parabolic Free Boundary Problems Quadratic Growth Estimates Regularity
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-97079-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-97078-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-97079-0
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8434
- Series Online ISSN 1617-9692
- Buy this book on publisher's site