Table of contents
About this book
This book focuses on the context dependency of cell signaling by showing how the endosomal system helps to structure and regulate signaling pathways. The location and concentration of signaling nodes regulate their activation cycles and engagement with distinct effector pathways. Whilst many cell signaling pathways are initiated from the cell surface, endocytosis provides an opportunity for modulating signaling networks’ output.
In this book, first a series of reviews describe the endocytic and endosomal system and show how these subcellular platforms sort and regulate a wide range of signaling pathway components and phenotypic outputs. The book then reviews the latest scientific insights into how endocytic trafficking and subcellular location modulate a set of major pathways that are essential to normal cellular function and organisms’ development.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-96704-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-96703-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-96704-2
- Series Print ISSN 0079-6484
- Series Online ISSN 2197-8484
- Buy this book on publisher's site