Table of contents
About this book
The Project METROPOLE was designed to address some important challenges of our time: on one hand, how to reduce the risks from climate change in coastal areas, in view of safeguarding life, assuring the safety of assets and the maintenance of rich ecosystems; and on the other hand, how to improve the interaction between scientists, decision makers and population for a common goal, to prevent alarming projections of sea level rise from being realized.
This book focuses on the basis of the project which is anchored in the recognition of the importance of both dialogue and action on climate change involving different actors. Therefore, the participation of decision-makers, the population and representatives of civil and private organizations are key-elements in ensuring measures that might slow down, minimise or even restrict the perverse effects of climate change.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-96535-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-96534-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-96535-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site