About this book
This monograph discusses the essential principles of the evaporation process by looking at it at the molecular and atomic level.
In the first part methods of statistical physics, physical kinetics and numerical modeling are outlined including the Maxwell’s distribution function, the Boltzmann kinetic equation, the Vlasov approach, and the CUDA technique.
The distribution functions of evaporating particles are then defined. Experimental results on the evaporation coefficient and the temperature jump on the evaporation surface are critically reviewed and compared to the theory and numerical results presented in previous chapters.The book ends with a chapter devoted to evaporation in different processes, such as boiling and cavitation.
This monograph addresses graduate students and researchers working on phase transitions and related fields.
hydrodynamics equations Maxwell distribution function BBGKY chain Boltzmann kinetic equation Vlasov approach CUDA optimization technique nucleate boiling film boiling transient boiling cavitation Liouville theorem master equation evaporation surface particle in cell parallel computing on GPU evaporated atoms Trouton rule evaporation coefficient condensation coefficient temperature jump
- Book Title Kinetics of Evaporation
- Series Title Springer Series in Surface Sciences
- Series Abbreviated Title Springer Ser. Surface Sc.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-96304-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-96303-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-07173-8
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-96304-4
- Series ISSN 0931-5195
- Series E-ISSN 2198-4743
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 321
- Number of Illustrations 86 b/w illustrations, 1 illustrations in colour
Phase Transitions and Multiphase Systems
Statistical Physics and Dynamical Systems
Engineering Thermodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer
Applications of Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos Theory
Surfaces and Interfaces, Thin Films
- Buy this book on publisher's site