Table of contents
About this book
This book provides a comprehensive picture of mobile big data starting from data sources to mobile data driven applications. Mobile Big Data comprises two main components: an overview of mobile big data, and the case studies based on real-world data recently collected by one of the largest mobile network carriers in China.
In the first component, four areas of mobile big data life cycle are surveyed: data source and collection, transmission, computing platform and applications. In the second component, two case studies are provided, based on the signaling data collected in the cellular core network in terms of subscriber privacy evaluation and demand forecasting for network management. These cases respectively give a vivid demonstration of what mobile big data looks like, and how it can be analyzed and mined to generate useful and meaningful information and knowledge.
This book targets researchers, practitioners and professors relevant to this field. Advanced-level students studying computer science and electrical engineering will also be interested in this book as supplemental reading.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-96116-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-96115-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-96116-3
- Series Print ISSN 2366-1186
- Series Online ISSN 2366-1445
- Buy this book on publisher's site