About this book
This multidisciplinary volume features invited contributions on mathematical applications in naval engineering. Seeking a more holistic approach that transcends current scientific boundaries, leading experts present interdisciplinary instruments and models on a broad range of topics. Each chapter places special emphasis on important methods, research directions, and applications of analysis within the field. Fundamental scientific and mathematical concepts are applied to topics such as the butterfly structure of the FFT, the acoustic impedance of pistons in a two-layer medium, deterministic batch trackers, spline equations, moving horizons estimation, membership games for planning sensor networks, statistical models of inertial sensors, random flight searches in bounded domains, the acoustics of a mixed porosity felt airfoil, and a novel aft boundary condition for a towed flexible cylinder.
Carefully peer-reviewed and pedagogically presented for a broad readership, this volume is perfect for graduate and postdoctoral students interested in interdisciplinary research. Researchers in applied mathematics and sciences will find this book an important resource on the latest developments in the field. In keeping with the STEAM-H series, this volume hopes to inspire interdisciplinary understanding and collaboration.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-95117-1
- Copyright Information This is a U.S. government work and not under copyright protection in the U.S.; foreign copyright protection may apply 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-95116-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-95117-1
- Series Print ISSN 2520-193X
- Series Online ISSN 2520-1948
- Buy this book on publisher's site