Table of contents
About this book
Drawing on advanced probability theory, Ambit Stochastics is used to model stochastic processes which depend on both time and space. This monograph, the first on the subject, provides a reference for this burgeoning field, complete with the applications that have driven its development.
Unique to Ambit Stochastics are ambit sets, which allow the delimitation of space-time to a zone of interest, and ambit fields, which are particularly well-adapted to modelling stochastic volatility or intermittency. These attributes lend themselves notably to applications in the statistical theory of turbulence and financial econometrics. In addition to the theory and applications of Ambit Stochastics, the book also contains new theory on the simulation of ambit fields and a comprehensive stochastic integration theory for Volterra processes in a non-semimartingale context.
Written by pioneers in the subject, this book will appeal to researchers and graduate students interested in empirical stochastic modelling.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-94129-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-94128-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-94129-5
- Series Print ISSN 2199-3130
- Series Online ISSN 2199-3149
- Buy this book on publisher's site