About this book
This book offers a comprehensive overview of the phytosociological information currently available in Morocco – a country famous for its floristic and landscape diversity. There has been little literature on the topic; however, in recent decades there have been a number of advances in the field of vegetation communities in the country, and several new phytosociological units have been described.
This inventory includes 670 associations (communities or groupments), 97 alliances, 66 orders and 44 classes. Although these figures are underestimations, they clearly reflect the great richness and diversity of the country’s ecosystems. For each association the book provides useful information, including vegetation belt, bioclimate, altitude, substrate/soil, geographical distribution and additional comments. The book is a basic tool for scientific researchers, students and naturalists interested in phytoecology in Morocco and Mediterranean Basin.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-93704-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-93703-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-93704-5
- Series Print ISSN 2198-2562
- Series Online ISSN 2198-2570
- Buy this book on publisher's site