About this book
This book discusses the challenges in the convergence of technologies as the Internet of Things (IoT) evolves. These include sensing, computing, information processing, networking, and controlling intelligent technologies. The contributors first provide a survey of various assessment and evaluation approaches available for successful convergence. They then go on to cover several operational ideas to apply. The contributors then discuss the challenges involved bridging gaps in computation and the communication process, hidden networks, intelligent decision making, human-to-machine perception and large-scale IoT environments. The contributors aim to provide the reader an overview of trends in IoT in terms of performability and traffic modeling and efforts that can be spent in assessing the graceful degradation in IoT paradigms.
- Provides a survey of IoT assessment and evaluation approaches;
- Covers new and innovative operational ideas that apply to the IoT industry and the industries it affects;
- Includes chapters from researchers and industry leaders in IoT from around the world.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-93557-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-93556-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-93557-7
- Series Print ISSN 2522-8595
- Series Online ISSN 2522-8609
- Buy this book on publisher's site