Table of contents
Behavioral Medicine and Integrated Care: Efficient Delivery of Effective Treatments
Key Problems in Healthcare Service Delivery
Key Challenges to Care Integration
Health Risk and Care Delivery Factors That Are Key to Healthcare Cost Containment
Step-by-Step Guide to “Doing” Behavioral Health in the Context of Integrated Care
About this book
This evidence-to-practice volume deftly analyzes the processes and skills of integrating mental healthcare with primary care, using multiple perspectives to address challenges that often derail these joint efforts. Experts across integrative medicine offer accessible blueprints for smoothly implementing data-based behavioral interventions, from disease management strategies to treatment of psychological problems, into patient-centered, cost-effective integrated care. Coverage highlights training and technology issues, key healthcare constructs that often get lost in translation, and other knowledge necessary to create systems that are rooted in-and contribute to-a robust evidence base. Contributors also provide step-by-step guidelines for integrating behavioral health care delivery in treating cancer, dementia, and chronic pain.
Among the topics covered:
- The epidemiology of medical diseases and associated behavioral risk factors.
- Provider training: recognizing the relevance of behavioral medicine and the importance of behavioral health consultations and referrals.
- Screening for behavioral health problems in adult primary care.
- Health care transformation: the electronic health record.
- Meeting the care needs of patients with multiple medical conditions.
- Smoking cessation in the context of integrated care.
This depth of clinical guidance makes Behavioral Medicine and Integrated Care an essential reference for practitioners on all sides of the equation, including health psychologists and other professionals in health promotion, disease prevention, psychotherapy and counseling, and primary care medicine.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Behavioral Medicine and Integrated Care
- Book Subtitle Efficient Delivery of Effective Treatments
Melanie P. Duckworth
William T. O'Donohue
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-93003-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-93002-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-06565-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-93003-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VI, 418
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 5 illustrations in colour
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
Psychotherapy and Counseling
Primary Care Medicine
- Buy this book on publisher's site