Table of contents
What is Pharmaceutical Care
Pharmaceutical Care Processes
Pharmaceutical Care Around the World
Implementing Pharmaceutical Care in Different Settings
Delivering Pharmaceutical Care in Practice
Pharmaceutical Care for Specific Patient Groups
Remuneration of Pharmaceutical Care
Teaching Pharmaceutical Care
About this book
Through the contributions of over 30 global experts, this book meets the growing need to understand the development and implementation of pharmaceutical care.
This guide to pharmaceutical Care implementation details the pharmacist's role in providing a broad array of care to various kinds of patients, using strategies that improve humanistic, economic and clinical outcomes.
Written with a focus for students, pharmacists and researchers, this book offers multiple scenarios to advance the care of patients. It will enhance the knowledge and skills of the providers. The examples describe the details of the structured processes from pharmacists and researchers who have worked in these fields for many years: detecting drug-related problems, providing pharmaceutical care in different settings (community, nursing homes, hospitals and clinics), evaluating research-indicators and outcomes, and teaching at universities and colleges.
Readers will use this book to:
- Improve their skills to prevent, detect and solve drug-related problems
- Develop and improve communication skills to establish useful relationships with patients and healthcare professionals.
- Understand the characteristics of (pharmaceutical) care for patients in different settings
- Use different tools to showcase pharmaceutical care services
- Learn the role of standards, guidelines, protocols and indicators to guide and evaluate pharmaceutical care
- Understand the importance of the documentation of pharmaceutical care practices and create evidence and opportunities for remuneration
- Consolidate knowledge from different global studies and research outcomes