Table of contents
About this book
If you want to get physically fit you start working out. But if you want results, you can’t just do just any workout – you need one tailored to your own body’s needs and personal situation. It’s the same with wellbeing.
What constitutes ‘stress’ to one person may be motivating, inspiring and focusing for another. Our capacity for resilience varies depending on individual circumstances and from situation to situation. What is consistent and universal is that we all struggle with stress and resilience, and we all need to be open to figuring out how best to effectively manage stress to create greater personal resilience that will itself help us to cope better.
This book offers you an encyclopaedia of self-help options for you to adapt according to how you tick and to the circumstances you find yourself in at any given moment.
It addresses 60 different issues, and for each one provides a short ‘Spotlight’ to understand the issue, ‘Top Tips’ for dealing with it, and an ‘Action Plan’ to put those tips into practice.
Wellbeing is about managing the ebbs and flows of what life throws at us. It’s a mindset, a personal commitment and an ongoing endeavour. But if we adopt a focused and sustained engagement with this journey, then we’ll learn to embrace and reap the benefits of ‘being well’.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-92552-3
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-92551-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-92552-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site