Table of contents
About this book
This two-volume textbook provides a comprehensive overview on the broad field of Animal Biotechnology with a special focus on livestock reproduction and breeding. The reader will be introduced to a variety of state-of-the-art technologies and emerging genetic tools and their applications in animal production. Also, ethics and legal aspects of animal biotechnology will be discussed and new trends and developments in the field will be critically assessed. The two-volume work is a must-have for graduate students, advanced undergraduates and researchers in the field of veterinary medicine, genetics and animal biotechnology.
This second volume is dedicated to genetic tools in animal biotechnology such as somatic cloning, transgenic technologies and the application of stem cells in livestock breeding. Also, ethics and legal aspects are discussed.
livestock production sexual reproduction farm animal breeding genetic engineering veterinary biotechnology
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-92348-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-92347-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-92348-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site