Table of contents
About this book
Building on the successful first and second volumes, this book is the third volume of the Springer book on the Robot Operating System (ROS): The Complete Reference. The Robot Operating System is evolving from year to year with a wealth of new contributed packages and enhanced capabilities. Further, the ROS is being integrated into various robots and systems and is becoming an embedded technology in emerging robotics platforms.
The objective of this third volume is to provide readers with additional and comprehensive coverage of the ROS and an overview of the latest achievements, trends and packages developed with and for it.
Combining tutorials, case studies, and research papers, the book consists of sixteen chapters and is divided into five parts. Part 1 presents multi-robot systems with the ROS. In Part 2, four chapters deal with the development of unmanned aerial systems and their applications. In turn, Part 3 highlights recent work related to navigation, motion planning and control. Part 4 discusses recently contributed ROS packages for security, ROS2, GPU usage, and real-time processing. Lastly, Part 5 deals with new interfaces allowing users to interact with robots.
Taken together, the three volumes of this book offer a valuable reference guide for ROS users, researchers, learners and developers alike. Its breadth of coverage makes it a unique resource.
Robot Development Robot Navigation Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Arm Manipulation Robot Perception Robot Control Integration of Robots to the Internet
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Book Subtitle The Complete Reference (Volume 3)
- Series Title Studies in Computational Intelligence
- Series Abbreviated Title Studies Comp.Intelligence
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-91590-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Intelligent Technologies and Robotics Intelligent Technologies and Robotics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-91589-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-06258-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-91590-6
- Series ISSN 1860-949X
- Series E-ISSN 1860-9503
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 605
- Number of Illustrations 47 b/w illustrations, 215 illustrations in colour
Robotics and Automation
- Buy this book on publisher's site