Table of contents
About this book
This book highlights innovative approaches to preparing secondary mathematics teachers. Based on empirical findings gathered in several countries on five continents, it provides a wealth of best practices for preparing secondary mathematics teachers, and discusses issues related to their professional and personal growth, such as identity, content knowledge, and pedagogical content knowledge which also includes knowledge of integrating technology into teaching and learning mathematics.
Divided into four parts, the book focuses on field experiences, technologies, tools and resources, teacher knowledge, and teacher professional identities. Some of the main threads running through the book are: the importance of university and school partners working together to ensure preservice secondary mathematics teacher’ success in developing pedagogical strategies that lead toward students’ mathematical engagement and achievement; the critical need for preservice secondary mathematics teachers to develop strong content knowledge and pedagogical content knowledge; and the importance of providing opportunities, during pre-service education, for developing prospective teachers ´professional identities.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-91059-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-91058-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-91059-8
- Series Print ISSN 2520-8322
- Series Online ISSN 2520-8330
- Buy this book on publisher's site