About this book
How can we solve engineering problems while taking into account data characterized by different types of measurement and estimation uncertainty: interval, probabilistic, fuzzy, etc.? This book provides a theoretical basis for arriving at such solutions, as well as case studies demonstrating how these theoretical ideas can be translated into practical applications in the geosciences, pavement engineering, etc.
In all these developments, the authors’ objectives were to provide accurate estimates of the resulting uncertainty; to offer solutions that require reasonably short computation times; to offer content that is accessible for engineers; and to be sufficiently general - so that readers can use the book for many different problems. The authors also describe how to make decisions under different types of uncertainty.
The book offers a valuable resource for all practical engineers interested in better ways of gauging uncertainty, for students eager to learn and apply the new techniques, and for researchers interested in processing heterogeneous uncertainty.
Computational Intelligence Interval Uncertainty Uncertainty Probabilistic Uncertainty Fuzziness
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-91026-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-91025-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-91026-0
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- About this book