Table of contents
About this book
This book analyzes the reform movement in Iran and traces its political roots from the beginning of the 20th century to its relative demise with the purging of the Green Movement after the 2009 disputed elections. The author explains how this movement was shaped in a country with an authoritarian Islamist regime, how it grew, and what its achievements are, including its failures and setbacks. The project will appeal to scholars and students in the fields of Middle Eastern politics and sociology, Iranian politics, democracy, and the US-Iran relations.
Majid Mohammadi is Independent Scholar, Analyst, and Freelance Writer for Radio Free Europe.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-90969-1
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-90968-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-90969-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site