About this book
This edited book presents a novel collection of field-based empirical studies on the Quaternary geomorphology of the Lower Ganga Basin.
The book covers a wide range of topics discussing various geomorphological facets of the Lower Ganga and its subsidiary rivers focussing on laterites, palaeoenvironment and palaeogeomorphology, palaeo-coastal landforms, neo-tectonism, tidal-fluvial dynamics, extra-channel geomorphology and channel-pattern adjustment among others. Various methodologies were applied ranging from historical records and religious texts to state-of-the-art remote sensing and GIS techniques.
The book appeals to all scientists and post-graduate students of geomorphology and related areas who want to acquire detailed knowledge of the geology and geomorphology of the Lower Ganga Basin or are in search of new methodologies for studying the feedback mechanisms between forms and processes.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-90427-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-90426-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-90427-6
- Series Print ISSN 2366-8865
- Series Online ISSN 2366-8873
- Buy this book on publisher's site