About this book
This book is about the right to basic education and its impact on development in Africa. It focuses on the elusive subject of litigating the right to education by examining jurisprudence from select African countries and India. The project further analyses the various challenges that impede access to education, with the attendant lack of political will to curb corruption, and calls for the building of strong institutions and the involvement of both state and non-state actors in driving development via education. It also covers the scope for legal practitioners and policy makers, and supports institutional framework in realizing the right to basic education.
Azubike C Onuora-Oguno is Senior Lecturer in Jurisprudence and International Law at the University of Ilorin, Nigeria, and Researcher with the Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, South Africa. He is also Solicitor and Advocate for the Nigerian Supreme Court. Dr. Onuora-Oguno has written widely on rights to basic education, children's rights, and other areas of law.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-90335-4
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-90334-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-90335-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site