About this book
This book explores novel aspects of transnational family research through the study of Romanian transnational families. A range of topics are covered, including the impact of lodging type upon life strategies; understudied elements in transnational relationships; gender roles in transnational communication; multinational relationships; the role of polymedia in the formation of couples; and the lives of the children of Romanian transnational families. The author presents the experiences of ‘leavers’ as well as of ‘stayers’; of the ‘highly-skilled’ as well as the ‘low-skilled’; that of women and that of men - through individual testimonies and couple interviews.
Romanian Transnational Families will be of interest to students and scholars across a range of disciplines, including sociology, politics, anthropology and geography.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-90242-5
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Social Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-90241-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-90242-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site