About this book
This book offers an introduction to photochemistry for students with a minimal background in physical chemistry and molecular quantum mechanics. The focus is from a theoretical perspective and highlights excited state dynamics. The authors, experienced lecturers, describe the main concepts in photochemical and photophysical processes that are used as a basis to interpret classical steady-state experimental results (essentially product branching ratios and quantum yields) and the most advanced time-resolved techniques. A significant portion of the content is devoted to the computational techniques present in quantum chemistry and molecular dynamics.
With its short summaries, questions and exercises, this book is aimed at graduate students, while its theoretical focus differentiates it from most introductory textbooks on photochemistry.
Photochemistry theoretical concepts Molecular Excited States Light Absorption and Emission Theory of nonadiabatic Processes Femtochemistry theory Excited State Charge Transfer Excitation energy Transfer
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-89972-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-89971-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-89972-5
- Series Print ISSN 2214-4714
- Series Online ISSN 2214-4722
- Buy this book on publisher's site