About this book
This book focuses on corporate social responsibility (CSR) records of Chinese oil investments in five Latin American countries: Peru, Ecuador, Argentina, Colombia, and Venezuela. These investments have been spearheaded by China’s national oil companies and their behavior has been scantly studied. The author uses comparative case studies to empirically examine existing theories of CSR. By using oil companies as the basic unit of analysis, this project adds a micro-level dimension to the field of China-Latin America relationship. It is ideal for audiences interested in the political economy of the oil industry, China, Latin America, and corporate social responsibility.
Wenyuan Wu is an independent researcher. Her work focuses on corporate social responsibility, China-Latin America relations and energy governance.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-89863-6
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-89862-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-89863-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site