About this book
This book introduces the main theoretical findings related to copulas and shows how statistical modeling of multivariate continuous distributions using copulas can be carried out in the R statistical environment with the package copula (among others).
Copulas are multivariate distribution functions with standard uniform univariate margins. They are increasingly applied to modeling dependence among random variables in fields such as risk management, actuarial science, insurance, finance, engineering, hydrology, climatology, and meteorology, to name a few.
In the spirit of the Use R! series, each chapter combines key theoretical definitions or results with illustrations in R. Aimed at statisticians, actuaries, risk managers, engineers and environmental scientists wanting to learn about the theory and practice of copula modeling using R without an overwhelming amount of mathematics, the book can also be used for teaching a course on copula modeling.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-89635-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-89634-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-89635-9
- Series Print ISSN 2197-5736
- Series Online ISSN 2197-5744
- Buy this book on publisher's site