Table of contents
About this book
This book offers a critical examination of ‘infrastructures for peace’, originally proposed as a framework of conflict transformation. Through an exploration of the statist ideological underpinnings of peace-building, it traces how the concept was transformed by institutional actors – international organisations and states – into a tool to further the state-building goals of liberal peace-building.
Balázs Áron Kovács is the manager of the Philippines programme of forumZFD, a German NGO working on conflict transformation. He is based in Davao City, Mindanao, Philippines. Dr Kovacs’s research in the field of critical peace and conflict studies focuses on state-society interactions in the context of peace- and state-building.
Peace infrastructure conflict transformation liberal peacebuilding state-building peace infrastructures 'the local' hybridity emergent theory formation international intervention armed conflicts statism emancipation The Philippines PAMANA Manila Sorsogon Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process counterinsurgency programme Maoism
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-89566-6
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-89565-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-89566-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site