Table of contents
About this book
This book focuses on the underlying mechanisms of lost circulation and wellbore strengthening, presenting a comprehensive, yet concise, overview of the fundamental studies on lost circulation and wellbore strengthening in the oil and gas industry, as well as a detailed discussion on the limitations of the wellbore strengthening methods currently used in industry. It provides several advanced analytical and numerical models for lost circulation and wellbore strengthening simulations under realistic conditions, as well as their results to illustrate the capabilities of the models and to investigate the influences of key parameters. In addition, experimental results are provided for a better understanding of the subject.
The book provides useful information for drilling and completion engineers wishing to solve the problem of lost circulation using wellbore strengthening techniques. It is also a valuable resource for industrial researchers and graduate students pursuing fundamental research on lost circulation and wellbore strengthening, and can be used as a supplementary reference for college courses, such as drilling and completion engineering and petroleum geomechanics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-89435-5
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-89434-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-89435-5
- Series Print ISSN 2509-3126
- Series Online ISSN 2509-3134
- Buy this book on publisher's site