Table of contents
About this book
This volume investigates new migration patterns in the Americas addressing continuities and changes in existing population movements in the region. The book explores migration conditions and intersections across time and space relying on a multidisciplinary, collaborative approach that brings together the expertise of transnational scholars with diverse theoretical orientations, strengths, and methodological approaches. Some of the themes this edited volume explores include main features of contemporary migration in the Americas; causes, composition, and patterns of new migration flows; and state policies enacted to meet the challenges posed by new developments in migration flows.
Andreas E. Feldmann is Associate Professor of Political Science and Latin American and Latino Studies at the University of Illinois, USA.
Xóchitl Bada is Associate Professor of Latin American and Latino Studies at the University of Illinois, USA.
Stephanie Schütze is Associate Professor of Cultural and Social Anthropology at the Lateinamerika-Institut, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany.
organized violence forced migration south-south migration insecurity reintegration labor migration
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-89384-6
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-89383-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-89384-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site