About this book
This book introduces readers to the “Jaya” algorithm, an advanced optimization technique that can be applied to many physical and engineering systems. It describes the algorithm, discusses its differences with other advanced optimization techniques, and examines the applications of versions of the algorithm in mechanical, thermal, manufacturing, electrical, computer, civil and structural engineering.
In real complex optimization problems, the number of parameters to be optimized can be very large and their influence on the goal function can be very complicated and nonlinear in character. Such problems cannot be solved using classical methods and advanced optimization methods need to be applied. The Jaya algorithm is an algorithm-specific parameter-less algorithm that builds on other advanced optimization techniques. The application of Jaya in several engineering disciplines is critically assessed and its success compared with other complex optimization techniques such as Genetic Algorithms (GA), Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO), Differential Evolution (DE), Artificial Bee Colony (ABC), and other recently developed algorithms.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-78922-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Intelligent Technologies and Robotics Intelligent Technologies and Robotics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-78921-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-78922-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site