About this book
This unique text/reference provides an overview of crossbar-based interconnection networks, offering novel perspectives on these important components of high-performance, parallel-processor systems. A particular focus is placed on solutions to the blocking and scalability problems.
Topics and features:
- Introduces the fundamental concepts in interconnection networks in multi-processor systems, including issues of blocking, scalability, and crossbar networks
- Presents a classification of interconnection networks, and provides information on recognizing each of the networks
- Examines the challenges of blocking and scalability, and analyzes the different solutions that have been proposed
- Reviews a variety of different approaches to improve fault tolerance in multistage interconnection networks
- Discusses the scalable crossbar network, which is a non-blocking interconnection network that uses small-sized crossbar switches as switching elements
This invaluable work will be of great benefit to students, researchers and practitioners interested in computer networks, parallel processing and reliability engineering. The text is also essential reading for course modules on interconnection network design and reliability.
Dr. Mohsen Jahanshahi (Senior Member, IEEE) is an Associate Professor at the Central Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran. He serves as Head of both the Department of Computer Engineering and the Department of Information Technology. Dr. Jahanshahi has been a member of the Young Researchers and Elite Club since 2012. Fathollah Bistouni is currently studying for a Ph.D. in computer engineering at the same institution.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-78473-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-78472-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-78473-1
- Series Print ISSN 1617-7975
- Series Online ISSN 2197-8433
- About this book