About this book
This textbook presents the essential parts of the modern theory of nonlinear partial differential equations, including the calculus of variations.
After a short review of results in real and functional analysis, the author introduces the main mathematical techniques for solving both semilinear and quasilinear elliptic PDEs, and the associated boundary value problems. Key topics include infinite dimensional fixed point methods, the Galerkin method, the maximum principle, elliptic regularity, and the calculus of variations.
Aimed at graduate students and researchers, this textbook contains numerous examples and exercises and provides several comments and suggestions for further study.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-78390-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-78389-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-78390-1
- Series Print ISSN 0172-5939
- Series Online ISSN 2191-6675
- Buy this book on publisher's site