About this book
This second edition provides a thorough introduction to contemporary convex function theory with many new results. A large variety of subjects are covered, from the one real variable case to some of the most advanced topics. The new edition includes considerably more material emphasizing the rich applicability of convex analysis to concrete examples. Chapters 4, 5, and 6 are entirely new, covering important topics such as the Hardy-Littlewood-Pólya-Schur theory of majorization, matrix convexity, and the Legendre-Fenchel-Moreau duality theory.
This book can serve as a reference and source of inspiration to researchers in several branches of mathematics and engineering, and it can also be used as a reference text for graduate courses on convex functions and applications.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-78337-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-78336-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-78337-6
- Series Print ISSN 1613-5237
- Series Online ISSN 2197-4152
- Buy this book on publisher's site