About this book
This book demonstrates to readers why Gallium Nitride (GaN) transistors have a superior performance as compared to the already mature Silicon technology. The new GaN-based transistors here described enable both high frequency and high efficiency power conversion, leading to smaller and more efficient power systems. Coverage includes i) GaN substrates and device physics; ii) innovative GaN -transistors structure (lateral and vertical); iii) reliability and robustness of GaN-power transistors; iv) impact of parasitic on GaN based power conversion, v) new power converter architectures and vi) GaN in switched mode power conversion.
- Provides single-source reference to Gallium Nitride (GaN)-based technologies, from the material level to circuit level, both for power conversions architectures and switched mode power amplifiers;
- Demonstrates how GaN is a superior technology for switching devices, enabling both high frequency, high efficiency and lower cost power conversion;
- Enables design of smaller, cheaper and more efficient power supplies.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-77994-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-77993-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-77994-2
- Series Print ISSN 1558-9412
- Buy this book on publisher's site