Table of contents
About this book
The contributors describe technological developments in 3D visual communications, with particular emphasis on state-of-the-art advances in acquisition of 3D visual scenes and emerging 3D visual representation formats, such as:
- multi-view plus depth and light field;
- evolution to freeview and light-field representation;
- compression methods and robust delivery systems; and
- coding and delivery over various channels.
Simulation tools, testbeds and datasets that are useful for advanced research and experimental studies in the field of 3D multimedia delivery services and applications are covered. The international group of contributors also explore the research problems and challenges in the field of immersive visual communications, in order to identify research directions with substantial economic and social impact.
3D Visual Content Creation, Coding and Delivery provides valuable information to engineers and computer scientists developing novel products and services with emerging 3D multimedia technologies, by discussing the advantages and current limitations that need to be addressed in order to develop their products further. It will also be of interest to students and researchers in the field of multimedia services and applications, who are particularly interested in advances bringing significant potential impact on future technological developments.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-77842-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-77841-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-77842-6
- Series Print ISSN 1860-4862
- Series Online ISSN 1860-4870
- Buy this book on publisher's site