About this book
This volume examines how internationalization, stakeholders, and educational contexts have a reciprocal influence on multilinguals and their communities both as individual and collective variables. Therefore, the exploration of these variables and how they intersect and interact with worldwide phenomena like globalization, global citizenship, and responsive and responsible provisions of education are the central foci of this volume. Contributors from different parts of the world draw on analyses of various forms of data to foreground these foci with implications for effective multilingual education practices in their contexts, and beyond.
The Multilingual Education Yearbook publishes high-quality empirical research on education in multilingual societies. It publishes research findings that, in addition to providing descriptions of language learning, development and use in language contact and multilingual contexts, will shape language education policy and practices in multilingual societies.
Multilingual education contexts Geopolitics of knowledge (re)production Multilingual education in China English in higher education Post-conflict trilingual policy in Sri Lanka Multilingualism and English in Vietnamese Education World Englishes English as a lingua franca English and language policy multilingualism and non-cognate languages
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-77655-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-77654-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-77655-2
- Series Print ISSN 2522-5421
- Series Online ISSN 2522-543X
- Buy this book on publisher's site