About this book
This book presents fractography and failure analysis at a level that is accessible for non-expert readers, without losing scientific rigor. It offers a comprehensive description of fracture surfaces in engineering materials, with an emphasis on metals, and of the methodology for the observation of fracture surfaces. It also discusses in detail the main fracture mechanisms and their corresponding fracture surfaces, including brittle, ductile, fatigue, and environmental fractures. The last chapter is dedicated to the use of fractography in determining of the causes component failure.
In modern engineering, the analysis of fractured components is a common practice in many fields, such as integrity management systems, materials science research, and failure investigations. As such this book is useful for engineers, scientists, engineering students, loss adjuster surveyors and any professional dealing with fractured components.
Fractography Failure mechanics Fracture mechanics Engineering failures Structural Integrity
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-76651-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-76650-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-76651-5
- Series Print ISSN 2522-560X
- Series Online ISSN 2522-5618
- Buy this book on publisher's site