About this book
This book is an empirically rich case-study of what is currently the most popular alternative-fuel vehicle in the history of motorization – the electric two-wheeler (e-bike). The book provides sociological insights into e-bike mobility in China and discusses politics, social practices and larger issues of mobility transition in urban China.
Taking an accessible approach to the subject, the book identifies the main sociospatial conflicts regarding the use of e-bikes and discusses why electric two-wheeler mobility is important for the future of urban China and urban transportation globally. This book will be an invaluable read for urban geographers and transportation researchers, but also for academics and general readers interested in Chinese Studies, specifically in the area of urban mobility in China.
mobility transition urban mobility urban sustainability e-bike mobility e-bike mobility in China electric bike urban transportation smart transport e-bike manufacturing informal urban transportation big dataism low-carbon mobility
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-76590-7
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2018
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Social Sciences Social Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-76589-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-76590-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site