About this book
This is the first comprehensive book on the rivers of the Ganga-Brahmaputra-Meghna delta. This volume covers all aspects of this highly populated region including land conflicts and environmental impacts such as the Indo-Bangladesh conflict over sharing of trans-boundary water. This book addresses the topic from a highly interdisciplinary perspective covering areas of geography, geology, environment, history, archaeology, sociology and politics of the Bengal region.
The book appeals to a wide range of audiences from India, Bangladesh and the international community. The style of presentation makes it easily suitable for students, researchers and interested laymen.
Geological Evolution of GBM Delta Hydro-diplomacy India Changing river courses Bengal Seasonal Floods and Flood Risks Farakka Barrage Environmental Impacts in Bengal Trans-boundary Water Issues Water conflict India Bangladesh Erosion, Avulsion and Sediment River Embankment Sundarban Jamuna
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-76544-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-76543-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-76544-0
- Series Print ISSN 2366-8865
- Series Online ISSN 2366-8873
- Buy this book on publisher's site