Table of contents
About this book
This book critically discusses two crises that shape our present: migration crisis and 2007–2008 crisis. The first part raises several questions regarding migration, borders, labour, humanitarianism and biopolitics; the second part focuses on the false dilemma between an interpretation of contemporary crisis in the West as capitalist or humanist.
Thanasis Lagios is Teaching Assistant at the University of Athens, Greece.
Vasia Lekka is Adjunct Academic Staff at the Hellenic Open University, Greece.
Grigoris Panoutsopoulos is Researcher at the University of Athens, Greece.
political crisis border control border technologies immigration discourse Michel Foucault Hannah Arendt European migration scientific knowledge and biopolitical power 2008 crisis
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-75586-1
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2018
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-75585-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-75586-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site