About this book
This revised second edition takes account of developments in the field of dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration. The book presents a concise account of the English system of civil litigation, covering court proceedings in England and Wales. It is an original and important study of a system which is the historical root of the US litigation system. The volume offers a comprehensive and properly balanced account of the entire range of dispute resolution techniques.
As the first (revised) book on this subject to be published in the USA, it enables American lawyers to gain an overview of the main institutions of English Civil Procedure, including mediation and arbitration. It will render the English system of civil justice accessible to law students in the US, practitioners of law, professors, judges, and policy-makers.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-74832-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Law and Criminology
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-74831-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-74832-0
- Series Print ISSN 1534-6781
- Series Online ISSN 2214-9902
- Buy this book on publisher's site