About this book
This book establishes the foundations of the theory of bounded and unbounded weighted composition operators in L²-spaces. It develops the theory in full generality, meaning that the weighted composition operators under consideration are not regarded as products of multiplication and composition operators. A variety of seminormality properties are characterized and the first-ever criteria for subnormality of unbounded weighted composition operators is provided. The subtle interplay between the classical moment problem, graph theory and the injectivity problem is revealed and there is an investigation of the relationships between weighted composition operators and the corresponding multiplication and composition operators. The optimality of the obtained results is illustrated by a variety of examples, including those of discrete and continuous types.
The book is primarily aimed at researchers in single or multivariable operator theory.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-74039-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-74038-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-74039-3
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8434
- Series Online ISSN 1617-9692
- Buy this book on publisher's site