About this book
This textbook covers handling and performance of both road and race cars. Mathematical models of vehicles are developed always paying attention to state the relevant assumptions and to provide explanations for each step. This innovative approach provides a deep, yet simple, analysis of the dynamics of vehicles. The reader will soon achieve a clear understanding of the subject, which will be of great help both in dealing with the challenges of designing and testing new vehicles and in tackling new research topics.
The book deals with several relevant topics in vehicle dynamics that are not discussed elsewhere and this new edition includes thoroughly revised chapters, with new developments, and many worked exercises.
Praise for the previous edition:
Great book! It has changed drastically our approach on many topics. We are now using part of its theory on a daily basis to constantly improve ride and handling performances.
--- Antonino Pizzuto, Head of Chassis Development Group at Hyundai Motor Europe Technical Center
Astonishingly good! Everything is described in a very compelling and complete way. Some parts use a different approach than other books.
--- Andrea Quintarelli, Automotive Engineer
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-73220-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-73219-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-73220-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site